Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Monday, February 28, 2011

Snacky Sunday

Everybody knows the best part of the Oscars is the snacks.

At least that's the way I was raised.

On Saturday night, I accidentally/on purpose made this bread again.

It was beautiful, again.

If it wasn't so easy I'd be much more self absorbed about it.


A much more snacky dinner was in order, but I had to use this bread.

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

15 oz chickpeas, drained
2 tbsp tahini
1 roasted red pepper
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 clove garlic, quartered
1 splash hot sauce

First thing on the docket was a trip to Whole Foods to grab some tahini, and try to spend less than 50 dollars.


We were successful on both accounts.

We headed home to roast some red peppers.


Hummus couldn't be easier.  Toss it in the food processor.


Bam! Hummus!


Kale also snuck its way back into my grocery cart and our apartment, and I had to make the dubious Matthew try kale chips.

He looked scared.


Kale Chips

1/2 bunch kale
Sprays of olive oil from MISTO can
1 tsp salt
Pinch of chipotle pepper

Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
















Luckily Matthew hated them.  I ate them all.

I also whipped together a salad dressing with these ingredients.


And tossed it over some spinach and craisins.

Here is our snack-tastic feast.


Now if only the hosts had been better...

No comments:

Post a Comment