Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Friday, February 18, 2011

Warring Wednesday

On Wednesday, as I battled a cold, I also took on one of my most mortal food enemies.

Something even more despised than garlic:

The onion.

A college friend introduced me to Oh She Glows, and I found this recipe. She's vegan, kind of like Oprah, and I almost made a completely vegan meal.  I decided that if I was going to tackle an onion, I might as well stick it in a loaf where it could be easily disguise.

I give you the Vegan (almost) Lentil Walnut Loaf.

*I omitted the flax seed and water, and just used two real eggs instead.  Shhhh, don't tell.*



If you have a Misto can, use it.  You'll cut back on your oil usage, and the spray pump is really fun!



If you've never chopped an onion before (like me), make sure you're home alone when you do it.  It will save you some humiliation.



Lentils are far more delicious than they look.



Don't skip the apple butter in the glaze, apple butter is yummy.



Lentils taste better than meat loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment