Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Saturday, February 26, 2011

That Was Filling! Thursday

I came home on Thursday to...brace yourselves....dinner on the table!

After a busy day of teaching sassy adolescents, there was nothing sweeter than coming home to dinner.

I concocted a recipe, and Matthew executed it.

Bulgur Lentil Salad (AKA, fill you up salad)

1 cup bulgur wheat
1/2 cup lentils
1 sweet potato, cubed
1/2 cup craisins
1/2 cup sliced almonds
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Garlic Salt
Pepper

I'll give you a brief rundown on the execution.

But I wasn't home, so I had no say in how it happened.

My husband says I'm bossy.

1)  Simmer lentils and bulgur in a covered pot for 20 minutes.

2) In the meantime, cook sweet potato in rice cooker.

3) Toss all ingredients in a bowl.

4) Cool in fridge.


5) My only regret is that I had to wolf this down so fast and couldn't truly enjoy it!

Thanks Matthew!

Oh, and yes, that is a Diet A&W Cream Soda I drank with my meal.  I'm not ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment