Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Friday, February 18, 2011

Taco Thursday?

A few weeks ago, Matthew and I went out to a Mexican restaurant for dinner.  I saw vegetarian tacos on the menu, and was expecting lettuce and tomatoes.  But much to my surprise, these tacos had sweet potatoes on them.  Genius!

You know me and orange foods.

I just had to make my own version.

Sweet Potato Tacos

1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped into small cubes
15 oz black beans, drained
1/2 tsp ground chipotle peppers
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp taco sauce or salsa

Fixin's

Tortillas
Cheese
Lots and lots and lots of sour cream

1) Steam your sweet potatoes people!  It's so easy!

2) Throw the potatoes, beans, and spices in a bowl.

3) Stir away

4) Put on tortilla

5) Add choice fixin's

6) Eat



A pathetically easy attempt at dinner, but oh so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment