I've been severely delinquent in my blogging, but don't worry, we're not starving here. Be prepared for some serious blog catch-up activity in the next few days.
Monday, our friend Logan came over and once again graciously agreed to eat one of my creations.
Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter Sauce
2 sweet potatoes, cooked
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3 tbsp butter
1 tsp sage
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1) Bake potatoes in the microwave, just do it the easy way.
2) Attempt to mash the potatoes in your fancy food mill
3) If you can't figure it out (like me), mash them with a fork.
4) Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
5) Roll dough out into snakes...
6) Cut your snakes into little pillows.
7) Cook gnocchi until they float to the top of the pot.
8) Brown butter in a pan.
9) Add in sage and almonds
10) Drizzle over pasta...mmmmm....butter
11) Get so distracted by smell of sage that you forget to take a picture.