Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Monday, November 1, 2010

Making it work Monday

This is the week I'm going to do it.  I decided.  I have planned out our menus for the week.  My goals?

1) Avoid the ever-entertaining "What do you want for dinner?"  "I don't know, what do you want?" discussion.

2) Use up the endlessly growing stockpile of eccentric leftovers in our refrigerator.

Tonights goal?  Use up a little bit of leftover pesto, alfredo sauce, and some of the random pile of cheeses that we have accumulated.  I decided on a light vegetarian lasagna.

Veggie Lasagna

12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
1/4 cup light alfredo sauce
1/4 cup leftover pesto
1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
2 tbsp part-skim mozzarella
1/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
3 carrots, grated
1 cup spinach, cooked
1 cup broccoli, chopped


I sprayed a baking dish, and laid down some noodles.  I then began the layering process: alfredo, ricotta, mozzarella, carrot, spinach, pesto, broccoli.  Wash. Rinse. Repeat.






I topped it off with a little bit of alfredo, the remaining mozzarella, and a sprinkle of parmesan.








I smeared the sauce around on top...in an effort to "make it stretch".  Apparently I was a little to stringent on my cheese and sauce amounts.   The majority of the noodles turned out pretty "crisp", and it was more like a Italian, Veggie, Crispy, Taco-thingy.  Matthew enjoyed it and had seconds.  I'm hoping tomorrow's planned menu turns out better.

No comments:

Post a Comment