Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Whip it together! Wednesday (Previously to be titled: Wife's day off Wednesday)

Despite contrary belief, I am not the only expert chef in our tiny household.  See: Monday's post featuring Matthew in his apron.  Even though cooking has become my creative outlet/middle school teacher therapy, my lovely husband volunteers to help make dinner once a week.  Last night was the night.  I had already come up with the above witty title, and had spent some of the day thinking of hilarious things I could write about Matthew's cooking.

Well, as is often the case in this small kitchen, things didn't go home as planned.  When I arrived home Matthew was grumpily trying to translate Greek, so I re-volunteered myself to make something for dinner.  I opened the fridge and made a decision.

Baked Tortellini (aka, the easiest thing you'll make all week)

Cheese Tortellini (fresh or frozen)
1 jar Marinara sauce (if you're not feeling completely drained by 7th graders, I suppose it could be from scratch)
Parmesan cheese, shredded
Italian Seasoned breadcrumbs

I cooked the tortellini, and quite literally threw everything in a sprayed baking dish, and topped with the cheese and breadcrumbs.



I baked this at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.  After which, it was not at all brown on top as I had hoped.  Using my best Ina-Giada-Martha thinking skills, I threw it in the broiler for about 3 minutes.  Good job me!


Easy dinner can also equal delicious dinner!  Matthew is gone again tonight, so it's leftover chicken and dumplings, roasted broccoli, and lesson planning Grey's Anatomy for dinner.

Lest you think this blog post was completely pointless, and before you move on to something important.  Here is a picture of my parents' newest child:


I couldn't resist.  Beware:  Thanksgiving-themed posts are in my/your future.

No comments:

Post a Comment