Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Turkey Thursday (does that count as alliteration?)

My blog. My rules.  It counts.

I actually found myself with some extra(!) time this afternoon.  I wanted turkey burgers, but our little tiny apartment was feeling warm, and I didn't feel like standing over the stove trying to decipher whether or not my meat was cooked.

What I mean is...I didn't feel like making Matthew do this.  He tends to be the griller of raw meats in our household.  Not to be stereotypical or anything, but it's "a man thing".  But, I used my problem-solving skills, the ones they taught me in college, and found a solution.

A beautiful, handy, kitchen device.

The George Foreman Grill.  A wedding gift, of course.

Turkey Feta Spinach Burgers á la George Foreman

1/2 lb lean ground turkey (for 2 burgers)
1/4 cup feta cheese
1 cup chopped baby spinach
1 tbsp Italian seasoning (be generous)
1 garlic clove, pressed (no comments please)
Salt
Pepper


I dumped all the ingredients in a bowl and formed two patties, trying desperate to ignore the fact that I was probably touching raw garlic with my hands.

Scoff all you want at my grilling method, but this baby is slick.  Don't knock it 'til you try it.  It cooks up chicken breast in about 7 minutes, and grilled my burgers in about 5 minutes.  Complete with those beautiful grill marks I miss when it isn't summer.


Because I usually grill these babies in a pan with some oil, I probably could have added some more salt and pepper.  But my bland Norwegian taste buds didn't mind.  We also enjoyed these with what was probably our last Minnesota Honeycrisp apple of the season. Sniff. Sniff.

No comments:

Post a Comment