Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Monday, November 29, 2010

Sentimental Sunday

In my family the Christmas tree goes up early, and I do mean early.  Thanksgiving at 5 pm you can usually find the men in my family hauling the gigantic tree up the stairs.

So as we made our way back to our itty bitty kitchen yesterday, I had big dreams about putting up our tree, listening to Christmas music, and making some delicious soup.  I decided on a sausage soup, even though I don't like sausage, because I thought perhaps my taste buds had yet again evolved.

Kale, White Bean, and Sausage Soup

1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp olive oil
1 lb turkey sausage (I used a sweet Italian variety, hence the chili powder)
1 tsp chili powder
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup water
1 can white beans
1/2 bunch kale, chopped
Salt
Pepper


I cooked the sausage in the oil and chili powder, causing our home to smell like a pizzeria.  I added in the garlic, and sigh, had to touch it with my fingers...AGAIN!  I added in the stock, water, and beans.  Simmered for 10 minutes.  In the process, I chopped the kale.

Mmmmm...kale.

I threw in the kale and simmered for another 10 minutes.


Note the steam rising from the bowl...how artistic.

Matthew liked it, which is good, because I still don't like sausage and we have a ton left over.

But, not all of my dreams were squashed.  The tree is in fact up, and we found room for it!  The first thing I said when we got our apartment was "where will we put the Christmas tree?"  But, I believe we found the perfect spot for our humble tree.




Now, to find room in the fridge for the leftover soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment