Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Snappy Saturday

Last night was concert night, which generally means we need to eat dinner at about 4:45 PM.  At approximately 4:08 PM I opened our cupboards to find an abundance of...guess what?  BEANS!

We have soooo many varietals of beans.

I literally pulled out the first can I saw: chickpeas, and found some inspiration(s) from a few of my favorite blogs.

Chickpea Burgers in a hurry with Seasoned Sour Cream

15 oz chickpeas, drained
1 clove garlic
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp tahini(!)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp sunflower seeds, hulled
1/3 cup whole wheat flour (don't use this much, it's too much)

Pop the garlic and carrot in the food processor and process until chopped finely.  Add in the rest of it and process until combined.


I over-processed mine, but when has this blog ever been about perfection?

Place rounded balls of mixture on greased baking sheet and flatten with a spoon.


Bake at 425 for 7 minutes, then flip 'em.

While those babies are cooking, make the sour cream.

1/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp chopped chives

Stir.

Take those burgers out of the oven and lather them up with sour cream.

I like sour cream.

A lot.




Pretty good for dinner in a hurry if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment