Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Friday, March 25, 2011

My Bad! Monday

News Flash: you can check out my work in progress website at www.itty-bittykitchen.com! You will still be able to read all my posts here for awhile, so never fear.


On to your regularly scheduled programming.




A lovely March snowstorm kept me in Minnesota this week, so I’ve just been relaxing away my spring break so far!
After Sunday evening’s pad thai meal, it appeared I purchased too much cilantro. Surprise, surprise. My bad.
So I decided to whip up some Chipolte style burrito bowls.
1/3 cup brown rice
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
Lime juice, to taste ( I like mine limey)
Pinch of salt
15 oz black beans
Chili powder
Cumin
Fixin’s (Peppers, sour cream, cheese, and the like)
I lined up my produce to chop







I’m big on lining things up.  I like order.
Simply cook your rice according to your desired method (we love our rice cooker!), and stir in cilantro, lime, and salt.
Put the black beans in the microwave if your lazy like me, and then mix in the cumin and chili powder.
Make sure to line up all your fixin’s in cute little bowls for the sake of the food photography.







Add just the right amount of your favorite stuff and consume.







1 comment:

  1. I am really impressed with your writing skills
    and also with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid
    theme or did you modify it yourself? Either ways, keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to see a
    nice blog like this one these days.I also write on entertainment topics. lease visit my links below and tell if you find them interesting;

    https://www.authenticcounterfeit.com
    http://counterfeitmoneyonline.net
    http://billsnbills.com

    ReplyDelete