Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

(My) Take Tuesday

*If you ignore the word in parentheses, it's just like alliteration. *

Everybody has their favorite burger and fries.  I won't lie, In-N-Out burger is somewhere high on my list.  I'm married to a Californian.

Alas, In-N-Out was out of the question tonight, and in The World's Smallest Kitchen we are always searching for healthier, budget-friendly, space-saving options.  Also high on my list is the Planet Burger at Good Earth, which I have discussed recreating.

Tonight was my night.  I don't know if I'm even close, but here's my best shot.

Best Guess Burger

15 oz white beans, I used cannellini, I think Good Earth uses Adzuki
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup cashews and pieces
1/4 cup sunflower seeds, shelled
1 egg, beaten

(We're going to go in steps tonight, just for fun.)

1) If you live near Edina or Roseville, cease reading this blog and run, don't walk to Good Earth and order the Planet Burger, or order whatever you like.  It's all good

2) Dump all ingredients in a bowl (except the oil).

3) Gulp.


4) Dig in and mash into patties with your hands.

5) Place patty in pan with oil, cook 2-3 minutes on each side.  In general I always cook it about a minute longer than I think I should.  A good, scientific, rule.

6) Place on bun.  If burger falls apart in the pan, pick up the pieces (not off the floor), and mash together on bun.  It tastes the same.

7)  Eat, because it's way more appetizing than it looks or sounds, and is full of fiber and protein!


8)  Ignore paper plate, I'm husband-less tonight.


No burger is complete without fries.

SWEET potato "fries"

2 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into fries
1 tbsp olive oil
Chili powder
Cinnamon
Salt
Pepper


1) Preheat oven to 425

2) Toss fries in oil and seasonings

3) Spread evenly on greased baking sheet

4) Bake 10 minutes

5) Toss

6) Bake 10 more minutes

7) Eat. (Again)


8) Don't burn your mouth, though it may seem totally worth it.

So it's no In-N-Out burger, and it's not exactly Good Earth either.  But for being healthy, budget friendly, and space-saving, I will give myself a pat on the back.

Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment