Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Take Tuesday (Two)

*Disclaimer*--NOT the healthiest meal I've ever made.  But, I'm a firm believer in the fact that we all need to eat something that doesn't have kale in it, and is also really bad for us now and then.  This is, after all, the United States of America.

I raved plenty about our awesome date night to the Happy Gnome.  Because, well, it was awesome.

Matthew was away at a conference all weekend, and I decided to make a "hey you're back so I'll make something slightly unhealthy and kale-less"  dinner.

Chorizo Pizza (idea courtesy of the Happy Gnome)

1 recipe famous pizza dough
15 oz black beans
2 links chorizo, cooked and chopped
2 tsp hot sauce
1/2 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded

1) Chop the chorizo


2) Cook chorizo in hot sauce, or if you're lazy like me and bought it pre-cooked,  just brown it up.

3) Spread and smush (technical term) black beans on dough/Ignore dirty sink.


4) Top with chorizo and cheese.


5) My guest photographer has a style...have you noticed?

6) Bake at 500 degrees for 10.75 minutes.


7) Eat and grab a bottle of Tums for the wretched yet satisfying indigestion you are certain to experience later.

Every once and awhile is worth it.

I'd say to run out and grab the original from The Happy Gnome, but it's now off the menu.  I'm going to go cry now.

No comments:

Post a Comment