Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wrap it Up Wednesday

I've often said that I should make a list of foods I had never eaten before I met my husband.

If memory serves me correctly I think #1 on the list would be salmon.

Yes, I know I had a limited palette.

Long story short, now I love salmon.  One of my new Kindle cookbooks (Headline:  Itty Bitty Kitchen goes high-tech) had a recipe for foil wrapped salmon, done in 20 minutes.  So I improvised.

Foil Wrapped Salmon

1 4 oz salmon filet
1/2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
1/2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
Pineapple chunks
Red Pepper flakes

Easiest way to prepare salmon ever.  But, I haven't prepared it any other way, so I'm not sure.  Pour the sauces on a pieces of tin foil, roll the salmon around in it, top with pineapple and red pepper flakes.  Wrap it up like a present, and bake at 375 for 20 minutes, and not 1 minute longer.

When you're 20 minutes is up, and after you've resisted eating some of you Christmas candy (spoiled, remember?), unwrap the salmon.  Don't get your face too close.  That steam is hot.

Serve with roasted broccoli, which I'm sure you don't need another link to.  Ignore your husband's comments about "you and your nutty broccoli".  Enjoy.



Tomorrow night is my favorite night of the year: Middle School Choir Concert Night.  The World's Smallest Kitchen shall return for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment