Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Salty Saturday

We all have our snack foods of choice.

My husband, for instance, has a sweet tooth the size of Texas.  This usually entails keeping our ice cream and chocolate choices in stock, and having various amounts of jelly beans stashed at home, the office, and at my parents' house.

I enjoy sweets, yes.  But give me the choice between a piece of candy and potato chips, and I'm going to pick the potato chips.  I eat popcorn on a daily basis, and Matthew often jokes he should just get me a salt lick.

While driving and listening to MPR, a task I do frequently, I heard tell of Kale Chips.  Kale, but in a potato chip form.  My new-found obsession with kale is obviously no longer a secret.  All alone on a Saturday afternoon, I decided to give it a try.

Kale Chips

1 bunch kale, washed, dried, and torn into "chip" pieces
1 tsp olive oil
Salt
Paprika


I prepared my kale, and drizzled it with the oil.  Honestly, you could probably get away with less oil.  I added some salt and paprika (hoping to make them taste like "bbq" kale chips).


I baked these bad boys (can you call kale "bad boys?") at 375 for about 12 minutes.  You want them to be dark, dark green.  Not burnt.  Gross.


I found them to taste pretty good, and it certainly satisfied my salt tooth.

BEWARE:  If you have a "thing" about texture or consistencies, don't run home and make these.  I'd liken the texture to eating a dried leaf.  Mmmm leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment