Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Monday, October 11, 2010

Whoops...I made a blog

Cooking in my newly-married life has posed a variety of challenges and joys.  In order to prove to you the necessity of this unnecessary blog, let me list them for you.  Because I like lists.

Challenges:

1) I am not the most well-versed, or the best cook

2) My husband prefers to eat local, eco-friendly, organic, and occasionally more expensive foods

3) I have (for the past several months) been following a semi-strict weight watchers style diet

4) Most importantly, we have the world's smallest kitchen (no really, we do)





Joys:

1) I like to cook

2) My husband really, really likes to eat

3) We have lots of fun, new kitchen gadgets to try out


After many, many years of many, many cooking failures I am starting to discover that practice makes perfect.  After several successful cooking attempts this weekend (banana chocolate chip pancakes for the hubby, a pumpkin pie from scratch, and some delicious sage mac and cheese)  I really felt that you all (all 3 of you) should see.  Yes, she really CAN cook. This evening's dinner attempt will follow shortly.  Thanks for reading.  Sorry for my excessive love of parentheses.  Mostly to my english major husband.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You should also post new recipes on allrecipes.com like Steph Beckel and I do!!!! Can't wait to read more!!!!

    ReplyDelete