Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Whew! Wednesday (also windy)

After narrowly avoiding being blown off the road on my commute today, I decided that the Flemings needed something comfy, cozy, and fall-y for dinner.

I decided on squash.  Now, I've never much cared for squash, but thought that with all that blogging and cooking, I must be much more sophisticated now.  Stay tuned for the results

Roasted Acorn Squash

1 acorn squash, halved, and guts removed
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
cinnamon to taste

I rubbed the other ingredients on the squash, and put them "face" up in a baking dish with a little water in the bottom.  I cooked it with a cover at 350 degrees for 50 minutes,  I removed the cover and cooked for 10 more minutes.


The verdict: I am apparently not sophisticated enough.  I didn't like it.  At all.  Matthew kindly said "it was not his favorite".  Unfortunately for him, still no ice cream for dinner.  I had luckily whipped up some easy healthy fried rice.

Backup Fried Rice

1 cup brown rice, cooked
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 clove garlic(!), pressed
1 green pepper, chopped
1 egg
2 tbsp soy sauce

I scrambled the egg in the oil, and added in the garlic and pepper and sautéed it for about 3 minutes.  I added in the cooked rice and the soy sauce, and VOILA! Fried rice to the rescue.



But the fun didn't stop here folks.  I decided to be the world's greatest teacher and make muffins for my show choir tomorrow morning.  Yeah, you heard me.  Middle. School. Show. Choir.  Nothing could be further from Glee.  I stole an Applesauce Muffin Recipe from Martha, I followed it exactly, so no need to type it out.  Mostly, I'm lazy from all that cooking.




Don't they just scream,  "I'm so goooood!  I promise to behave all day long, Mrs. Fleming!"

In case you wondering, yes, the garlic is GONE!

Good riddance.

No comments:

Post a Comment