Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tupperware Tuesday!

Are you catching on to my alliteration? My high school English teacher, Mr. Fleming (not to be confused with my husband) instilled in me a love for alliteration.  But, I digress.


Due to a recent over-zealous spurt of creative energy, the refrigerator in the world's smallest kitchen was in serious need of some cleaning out.  Hence I dub thee tupperware Tuesday!


First I needed my microwave:




Donated by my parents this gadget conveniently fits in our limited counter space.


Matthew had a left over vegetarian enchilada (recipe to follow), and a side of sage macaroni and cheese (recipe also to follow), and some left over cornbread.




It was far more appetizing than it looks (at least he says so).


Black Bean Enchiladas


1 can black beans
1 can red enchilada sauce
1 cup whole kernel corn
1/4+ 1/3 cup cheese
2 tbsp taco sauce
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
6 whole wheat taco size tortillas


I mixed the black beans, corn, 1/4 cup cheese, seasonings, and taco sauce in a small bowl.  I spread half of the enchilada sauce in a baking dish.  I then divided the black bean mixture into each tortilla and folded them and placed them (seam side down) into the dish.  Top with the rest of enchilada sauce and cheese, bake for 30 minutes at 350.




Sage Mac


1 box macaroni and cheese (yeah, you heard me, go ahead and judge)
1/4 cup skim milk
1 tbsp butter
1 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
Italian seasoning to taste
Sage to taste


Boil noodles according to box instructions.  Strain and set aside.  Melt butter in a medium skillet, add milk, parmesan cheese, cheese packet, and breadcrumbs.  Return noodles to pan, and season to taste.  This is a variation on a recipe from a book Matt bought me for Christmas entitled 101 Things to do with Macaroni and Cheese.  You can find it here: http://www.amazon.com/101-Things-Do-Mac-Cheese/dp/1423601785.  


"But what did you have for dinner Hannah?"  The masses of blog readers shouted.  I, I had leftover chili with a honey crisp apple.  Yes, I love those apples THAT much.  Seriously, go now.  I think they are on sale at www.rainbowfoods.com.  


A more ambitious recipe to follow tomorrow, we're having company!

1 comment: