Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wimpy Wednesday

As stated in my past SEVERAL blogs, yes, December is a crazy month.  I know, I know your sick of hearing it.  After a 13-plus hour day, followed by a 6:45 AM meeting, we definitely needed some comfort food around here.

Matthew has been consistently asking to eat dinner in front of the TV, so I decided to make something couch-friendly.  I decided on nachos, mostly because I wanted so badly to hit up the Taco Bell drive-thru after work yesterday.  But, of course, I had to put a "sophisticated" spin on it.

Not Yo' Average Taco Bell Nachos

1 recipe homemade tortilla chips
1 can black beans
1 cup sweet corn
Chili Powder
Cumin
Taco Sauce
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 cup sour cream

While baking the chips, I whipped together the beans, corn, and spices.  Remove chips from oven, top with bean mixture, cheese, and sour cream.  Eat.  Sit half-comatose on the couch for 3 hours.  Hey, sometimes you just need to.


But, I made my own chips.  Martha/Ina/Giada would be proud.  We are gone this weekend, so I have purposely delayed Thursday evening's dinner for a later posting.  I think they call that delayed gratification...

No comments:

Post a Comment