Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Truth Tuesday (Part Two)

Alright friends, here it is, my confession.

I have as a Norwegian, native Minnesotan, despite all laws of nature, developed a taste for SOME spicy foods.

Pause for silence and reflection.

I blame my husband (mostly).  Matthew has had a busy week, and in general December is kind of a busy month.  So I promised Matthew that he could have whatever he wanted for dinner, and I would do the dishes (not).  He said "tacos, I want tacos".

Well, my knowledge of tacos doesn't go much beyond browning meat and adding in some sort of pre-packaged seasoning.  I guess that's not entirely true.  Let's not forget those college-days 1 AM Taco Bell runs.  Oh come on Cobbers, you know you did it too!

As a newly, self-proclaimed, "foodie", I was craving something more tonight.  Fresh, good, produce is hard to come by in this tundra currently, so I wasn't entirely surprised when a can of Rotel ended up in my shopping basket.  I was surprised that it said "medium" on it.

Truthful Turkey Tacos

1/2 lb lean ground turkey meat
1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel)
Taco Seasoning of your choice (chili powder, cumin, etc.)
The Fixin's:  Tortillas, Cheese, Sour cream (please don't skip the sour cream)

I browned the meat (easy), and added in the Rotel with the juice, I stirred in seasoning, and had made taco meat that at least looked a little more sophisticated than a 1 AM Cheesy Gordita Crunch.




Even my Californian husband, with nay a drop of Norwegian blood in him, said it was spicy.  Success! Or, dismay, I'm not sure how I feel about my new taste buds yet.




PS-- As previously stated, December is insane.  Expect an as yet unnamed Monday blog after Truth Tuesday.  My type A personality doesn't like the disorganization anymore than you do.  Consider yourself warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment