Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Throw it Together Thursday

Yes folks,  I am talking about last Thursday.


We will not be spending Christmas in The World's Smallest Kitchen, as fun as that sounds, and have been trying to clear out our fridge all the while avoiding buying new groceries.


The Contenders:

1 Package of Broccoli
1 Package Cheese Tortellini
3 cloves garlic
1/8 cup alfredo sauce
Parmesan Cheese


The Challenge:


Make dinner.




Ok garlic, play nice.










After the tortellini had cooked, I began to add a little bit of garlic and parmesan cheese to my minimal amounts of alfredo sauce.  As I was doing this Matthew asked, "how are you going to cook the broccoli".  I responded, "well roast it of course".  His response,  "roast it?  You always roast broccoli, you're like obsessed with it."


It was at this point that I began to feel self conscious about my broccoli-cooking habits, and decided to steam it.  Mistake #1.


I tossed it in the sauce, and added some salt and pepper (and some more garlic), I tossed in the pasta. It sure looked pretty.  I thank Costco for the colorful pasta.




Dinner Conversation:


Wife:  "What did you think?"
Husband:  "Well, the broccoli is a little rubbery"
Wife: "That's because I steamed it..."
Husband: "Hmmmm"


Moral of the story/blog post:  In matters of cooking broccoli, never listen to your husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment