Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Friday, December 10, 2010

Mismatched Monday

I sat down to write this post and had to think for a long time about what we had for dinner on Monday.  Note to self:  this is why you write your posts in order Hannah.

So, Monday.  We were both craving something cheesy and Italian, and I am still working my way through a huge can of rolled oats from several granola exploits.  During my several hours of staff development on Monday (see: fun), I had a brilliant idea.  What if I breaded chicken in oatmeal?  We are all about killing two birds with one stone around here, so I went ahead and did it.

Oatmeal Chicken Parmesan

4 4 oz chicken breasts
1 cup oatmeal
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
salt
pepper
1 cup marinara or tomato sauce
1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded

I combined the oatmeal and spices, until it looked and smelled like some sort of weird, savory oatmeal.


I preheated the oven to 350, and dipped each chicken breast in the oatmeal.  In hindsight, I would have thrown some butter in there for good measure.  I placed the chicken in a greased baking pan, and baked for 20 minutes.  I then poured marinara sauce and cheese over the chicken, baked for 8 more minutes, and threw it in the fun broiler drawer ( you remember, don't you?), for about 2 minutes.

The stray oats got a little burnt, but it was cheesy, and pretty good.  Like I said, some butter next time.


Next time I will post my meals in chronological order.  As God intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment