Foodbuzz Featured Publisher

Foodbuzz

Friday, April 1, 2011

Mellow (Yellow) Monday

I’m having to get more and more creative with my blog titles.  I’m sure your mind(s) reel too: “what will she think of next?”

Monday was an exercise in making dinner with whatever we had on hand, and also an exercise in the color yellow.

We had the following items on hand: bulgur, chickpeas, frozen peas (they must have been on sale at Target at some point), and garlic.

Matthew also said he was in the mood for some Indian food, so I decided to give the curry powder on our spice rack,shelf, random high cupboard that I cannot reach, some action.

Curried Bulgur Salad
  • 1/3 cup bulgur wheat
  • 1 cup chickpeas, drained
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • Salt
  • 1 tbsp curry powder
This recipe was exceptionally low-key and mellow.  Soak the bulgur, saute the garlic in peas in the oil, add chickpeas, bulgur and curry powder.

Season.

Consume.

Yellow is a lovely color for food.  However, I have just been informed that I am supposed to wear yellow to school on Tuesday.

Yellow is not a good color for me.

How do you feel about yellow?


No comments:

Post a Comment